This Challenge is sponsored by The Purposeful Project (trading as Blue Ocean Ventures Ltd, the company running the competition). TikTok does not sponsor or endorse this Challenge. TikTok assumes no responsibility for this Challenge and has no control over the Challenge or the prizes.
1. Entrants must be aged 18 or over and be residents of the UK
2. No purchase is required to enter the competition.
3. To enter the competition you must follow @SimonSquibb on TikTok, feature the hashtag #BeYourOwnBoss
4. Each entry must be suitable for display and publication online and should not be obscene or indecent (including but not limited to nudity, pornography or profanity), it must not contain defamatory statements or words or symbols that are offensive either generally or to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group. It must not include threats to any person, place, business or group, it must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity, and it must not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations or network standards. Any entry which violates this clause will be immediately rejected and will invalidate their entry, including any winning entries.
5. Employees of TikTok, Blue Ocean Ventures and of the judge’s companies or any associated companies and their immediate families, persons connected with the competition/prize draw and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the Competition.
6. Entries received in connection with this promotion will be reviewed by The Purposeful Project, TikTok and the judges to make sure they comply with these terms and conditions.
7. Entrants can only enter the competition once.
8. Entry to the competition starts on 28th May 2021 at 6:00am BST and the closing date for receipt of all entries is 30th June 2021 at 11.59pm.
9. All entry videos will be used for marketing purposes.
10. There will be 1 winner in total selected at the end of the campaign and will be announced on TikTok on the 8th July 2021.
11. The winner will receive £5,000 in prize money from The Purposeful Project (trading as Blue Ocean Ventures Ltd, the company running the competition) and £5,000 in prize money from GOCARDLESS. (Total £10,000 prize money). You will be required to invoice Blue Ocean Ventures Ltd via a UK registered company to receive payment. You will also receive two hours of mentorship from each of the entrepreneur judges, marketing support for 3 months from The Purposeful Project (trading as Blue Ocean Ventures) and TikTok will promote the winner. Intuit QuickBooks will offer a whole year of financial, business and marketing advice to the winner.
12. The winner will be required to attend an event on the 8th of July and potentially again on the 13th and 14th of July virtually or online to talk to the press + guests about winning and what they are doing next.
13. The Purposeful Project will arrange a PR campaign to promote you as the winner and feature you on all their social media channels.
14. The personal information you are asked to provide if you are selected as a winner (your name, address and contact number) will only be used for the purpose of facilitating the competition. By entering the competition, you acknowledge that any personal data submitted will be used for the purposes of administering this competition only by the Promoter and/or by any agent appointed by it to assist with running the competition on behalf of the Promoter, and will not be disclosed to a third party for any other purpose without the individual’s prior consent or other valid lawful basis.
15. By entering this Promotion, each entrant acknowledges that if he or she is a winner his or her surname and county may be disclosed to persons enquiring, where permitted by law. Any entrant may object to their information being made available in this way, or may request that the amount of information made available be reduced by contacting the Promoter. In these circumstances the entrants acknowledge that the Promoter may nevertheless disclose such information in full to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so.
16. If there is no response from the selected winner after 72 hours from when the first message is sent, another winner will be selected and messaged.
17. By entering this competition, participants agree to these terms and conditions. Any breach of these terms and conditions may result in a prize being forfeited.
18. The competition is governed by the laws of England and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
1. We use very little personal data for our TikTok competition, but we need personal details to respond to any enquiries you may have. This privacy notice explains what personal data we process and your rights over what we do with it.
2. This privacy notice applies to the TikTok competition only.
3. We will use personal data about you for the Promotion, only, and will erase it when the Promotion is complete.
4. Should we need to transfer personal data outside of the UK, we will ensure that appropriate legal and technical safeguards are in place.